Stories/Themes from friends

 

 

Dear friends,

 

I wanted to include  you as well in my "Blog From Friends"

 

Here is the first from Zelia, a good Goan friend lives in the "Leafy"  area of London Sutton.

A  bit about her , She is married to a good Friend/Classmate   from Nairobi Merv.   

Mervyn, the "Goan Dr. Leaky", lived in Nairobi South "C",   on the edge of "Civilization"  .... just outside the "Nairobi National Park"  , in his spare time he examined the remains of half eaten animals.   He was with me at school, "Blew  his own Trumpet"     in the School Brass Band,   I was the Drummer, and did a fantastic roll  " as if I was beating eggs".  Zelia his wife, have a grown up daughter.  Merv. is a "Chess Expert", has also had "The Quill" in his hand, but recently  the "Ink pot has run dry  Zelia is a "Fantastic" cook I hear,   especially  "Goan" Cuisine .

 

Goan cuisine.

From India's west coast, is a vibrant fusion of Indian, Portuguese, and coastal flavours, known for liberal use of rice, coconut, fish, spices, and vinegar, creating tangy, spicy dishes like Vindaloo, Xacuti, and fresh seafood preparations, alongside breads like pao, savoury snacks like Ros Omelette, and rich sweets, reflecting its unique history and influence of the sea. 

 

Zelia  makes fantastic "Potato Chops",   which  is savoury mince wrapped in mash potato, with breadcrumbs.   My Mum taught  me to make them.  She made them ,and wrapped them in plastic sleeves, and placed them over each other, and froze them, 10/15 at one go. When yo were peckish,, got one or more from the  freezer, brushed it with egg white, dipped it in a bowl of bread crumbs, and popped it on baking paper in th oven..... medium heat....  twenty minutes, later they can be eaten.  

I  will enclose her recipe for you.  Back to Zelia, she is the " Potato Chop Queen!"  of London..

Now I will  add what she sent to me to share with all of you.

 

Before I forget ,  are you interested in this unusual  form of "blogging", I would love your feedback, preferably  as an attached comment, or if you email me I will add it to the blog.   

 

Over to Zelia....

 


Something I received which I like to share : 


Another year has passed And we're all a little older. 


Last summer felt hotter And winter seems much colder. 


There was a time not long ago When life was quite a blast. 


Now I fully understand About 'Living in the Past' 

 


We used to go to weddings, Football games and lunches.. 


Now we go to funeral homes And after-funeral brunches. 


We used to go out dining, And couldn't get our fill. 


Now we ask for doggie bags. Come home and take a pill.

 


We used to often travel To places near and far. 


Now we get sore asses From riding in the car. 


We used to go to nightclubs And drink a little booze. 


Now we stay home at night And watch the evening news.

 


That, my friend is how life is, And now my tale is told.

 


So


Before you're too damned old!

So, enjoy each day and live it up.. 

               Zelia

 

 Thanks Zelia!  "

  

Comments